Monday 15 October 2012

Manchester & Radiohead

I love train stations, especially leeds, It's a massive clash of old and new it and just doesn't feel right. Then they decided to try and blend it, just no. Stop it, whoever' is in charge there. Redo it. I love the main train listing signs there, getting up close and seeing all the dots that make up each letter is my only attraction to them, plus the warm honey glow.


Although It might not be directly work related I really wanted to blog about my trip to Manchester, I haven't really ever been to Manchester. Coming into cities for the first time is always really weird, they're almost always the exact same, just in different layouts, same shops, same venues. But it's just as overwhelming every time. Manchester, although I didn't really have the feel for it the day I went, it simply felt a little bit too over chaotic. I did however really like the atmosphere there. It felt cultured, kinda like Leeds does. Just a bit more all over the place. I did venture into the art gallery, where after taking already a dozen photos of photographers placards, I got told off for taking one of a photograph of a belly button. Oops. I did find some photographers I referenced in my work during my A level photography course though however, seemed a little nostalgic even if it was so recent. 


Reason I was in Manchester in the first place was to go to the gig for Radiohead, the tickets came out on my birthday so it was a obvious impulse buy with the money I'd received. Thank-god. The merchandise wasn't all that appealing, I did spend £30 there however. The limited run poster by Stanley Donwood was really nice, I believe it's a etching. It's nice anyway.


The visuals of the gig, were... They were amazing. It complimented the music beautifully. Awe struck, I stared at them forever, each screen displaying a different part of the band-members. The background made from led lights creating intrinsic patterns, waving, colliding. I can't put what I truly want into words and It hurts. I've linked a video, decent quality one at least anyway if it tickles your fancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment