Sunday 28 October 2012

Alphabet Soup: Daisy's Typeface


To find out about each other we did a quick questionnaire to get to grips to know each others personalities, I thought it was really quite cool to design a typeface around someone so I needed alot to work from to be able to do this.

I wanted Daisy to write down her hand writing in capitals and in lowercase so I could get an idea of how her gestures appear in both cases, I really liked her handwriting at first sight. It's feminine, curved and it felt playful in it's mannerisms. I took this as one starting point, thinking it would be rather personalized as well. Her favorite medium to work with was fine liners  she's plain and simple, but over the top and easy to get along with. I think It'd be really suitable to go with this.


As for her interests within television she was really into the following programs below: 


However I don't really think of many of the typefaces used for these programs would really reflect Daisy enough to be able to establish the link between her and it, she liked Numa bar, a negative space artist.
I have to admit, I'm quite fond of these my self so I would like to see how this could be incorporated in with the typeface. 


In a film of her life, Reece Withaspoon would play her, and Ryan Renolds would be invited to her dream dinner party. Minnie mouse been her costume of choice when it comes to fancy dress. 








No comments:

Post a Comment