Thursday 8 January 2015

COP3: Storyboarding and initial pages.

With my written story completed, I started on story boarding the book. I asked a few people on their thoughts to make sure there wasn't any gaping holes in the story. However the most useful advice was from Richard during our tutorial in changing the end message of the book, to be about sharing it with everyone and not just the boy getting it for himself. Which really resonates a lot better with my synthesis.






The first page I started on was creating the night sky, I saw this as the best point because it was the best page to establish all the other elements of the book such as the stars and telescope. - I used a star chart to map the stars, while using dots of various sizes to fill the spaces in between, the image below is a good example of the difference this made. The dots really finished the page off. 







To get across the idea of the two older children not seeing the bigger picture, I want to use it interactively to get across the message by opening up the extra page attached to show there's more to it then just the port hole.




The use as a reference sheet, I created this page to remind me of the name of the characters and where they should be. Hopefully it'll be useful.




No comments:

Post a Comment