Friday 2 January 2015

COP3: Initial Illustrations

I did some simple illustrations to get a better idea of the direction I wanted to go with my book, I tried to make each one simple as I could, or finding ways to simplify the previous.



I wanted to do this process digitally, so I drew as i normally would sketch a character.



I realised I could easily bring it back to just two colours and work from the face. - The look of this character really grew on me. 

Using colour and shape, it's very easy to distinguish between the characters and their gender. Triangle for women, round for men. Women normally have longer hair so it would be beneficial to have a longer head to take advantage of these features while men generally have shorter hair and a round head would be better for such.



I thought it'd be best to illustrate this, because they would be very easy to translate over, and they where. However, they do need some work because they are currently a bit too simple, which i'll continue with later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment