Monday 12 January 2015

COP3: Making the book

I had the book's front cover printed on thick glossy, however the biggest problem with it is the fact that it bends quite a lot due to static. Which is fairly annoying, however It's not something I could have known before printing with it. 


The body of the book was printed on thin matte because this was what I had used before and It matched the same type of paper found commonly in children's books. So it seemed suitable to use it. James printed this using his laser printer so the quality of it isn't quite the same as the cover of the book however it's to a quality I am happy with. Plus it being so cheap allows me to print more than one I ever wanted too.





I was really happy with how well the book lines up when put together, It was something I had forgotten about when making it however when I was putting it together I realised just how accurate the printer's duplex setting James had used was.



Bending of the paper is particularly bad here - just to show the extent of which it does bend.


I had lost my circle cutter I had got recently just to cut out the circle on the page so I had to resort to cutting it out by hand, I believe I did a decent job of it however this could be improved by using the circle cutter for future reference. 


The one problem with the book I currently have, which can be seen here is, since I had to print the interactive portions of the book separately there is some colour differences, the most apparent is on the pull out night sky portion. - This is something I would definitely fix if I was to do it differently.








No comments:

Post a Comment