Monday 29 December 2014

COP3: Cindy Ella concept

I was really inspired by this book I found on Behance, the use of markers to draw in your own details into the book inspired me to think of ways in which you could interact with a book other than pop-up and flaps. The only problem with this, however is that I wanted something that would look professional no matter. Having a child's drawings being my work, I don't think would reflect well.



This led me to think of other ways, stickers was my initial idea, so I created the cover to just see what I could come up with to be relevant to this approach. I created the below, Cindy Ella, a retelling of Cinderella, where you can create the character and everything else through stickers.

















The only problem with creating a sticker story is that it wouldn't really add anything to the story, and there would need to be lots of stickers. Lots. It seems like it'd be sacrificing the story for the sake of just having stickers in it. Which doesn't seem very beneficial. I need a different approach. - 

Plus the cover ended up looking way to typical for a fairy tale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment