Friday 2 May 2014

Book Research OUGD505

I grabbed a few books from the library regarding animation, they where all really relevant to the concept I have in mind. 50's Animation festival, I found a book on Hanna-barbera, Disney, Disney backgrounds, 50's Cartoons. It was perfect. 



The above illustration seemed really fresh, it didn't quite seem right that this was 1950's it looked all so modern. It really caught me off guard. 





Tom Oreb's modern take on Mickey mouse was in here as well, I really the take on Mickey here, the silhouette is still really recognisable. It's this kind of take on a character I need to take with the rest of the selection of disney and cartoon characters. 






Really clever book cover, it's a Cel, very interactive and engaging. People probably wouldn't understand why it's on acetate but it's clear to people who know the process behind it.


They used the same idea as me for the inside of the book!!

























Retro Mickey is still the most recognisable, his silhouette is the most basic and that makes him stand out a lot better then his modern counter-part. (example below)












No comments:

Post a Comment