Thursday 18 December 2014

COP3: Hungarian Cartoons (Primary)

While I was in Hungary, Budapest on a tour, at the end I asked the tour guides what they cartoons and books they remembered from their childhood, they wrote down the following on a map I was carrying with me.

I transcribed the names below along with an image for my favourite ones. - Although these are rather irrelevant now, the aesthetic is completely different to that of cartoons in the western world and I find them all the more charming due to their crude design.


Kockásfülű Nyúl


Doctor Bubo


Futrinka Utca


Magyar Nepesek - Surprisingly, a fairy tale cartoon of sorts. The aesthetic is that of a east european 70's Disney cartoon. However the use of colour is what is most eye catching.



Frakk, macskák réme - I absolutely adore this cartoon, you don't really need to know what the characters are saying, it's rather simple and easy to follow. it's a paper craft animation about a Hungarian visalia and the drawings of the characters are really charming. Especially the face of the dog. - I would really love to get this much happiness from a dogs face in illustrating my book.





Tortenetek Leninrol
Gazdalkoda Okosan





No comments:

Post a Comment